Flipped Teaching Video

    Hello everyone! We're back together with an entertaining and different task. We prepared a flipped teaching video. Let me explain what the flipped classroom approach is. In a flipped classroom, there is a strategic swap of lectures and homework. While traditional methods are based on lecturing in class time and giving homework to do at home, the flipped classroom approach does the opposite. In this approach, students watch the lessons at home Netflix-style, and practice in the classroom. To adapt to the changing world, educators find this method very useful and fun. Students are able to see whether or not they completely understand and are capable of putting theory into real life. If there is a question they need to ask their teacher, they can do it right away and this is a huge plus for this method. There are also some disadvantages such as access to technology. To be able to successfully apply this method, all students need to have access to technology outside the classroom to watch the lessons online. Some students might have difficulty in self-discipline. This method requires some technical opportunities and motivations and when done without a problem, it is highly recommended and engaging! 

    I want to move on by telling you our task in detail. We worked together with my friend Merve while doing this assignment. Our target audience was 5th grade students in a public school and we were supposed to create a vocabulary teaching video for them. We chose a unit from their course book about nationalities. We decided which part we were going to prepare. Merve did the first lecturing part and I did the quiz. Sharing the work was an easy part but preparing the video... I always have difficulty in preparing videos. It is absolutely hard work for me. I've prepared only one video before and I used Canva. So we met again with my good old friend. I realized that I had forgotten almost all of its functions. I started learning how to use it all over again. After struggling with it for a few hours, I was able to create a draft. I worked on it for days and finally, I produced something useful. When the video was ready, I wrote a script and recorded my voice by using Vocaroo and added the sound to my video. Merve also did her part and we connected our videos. 

You can see Merve's blog post about this task by clicking here.

    You can check out our flipped teaching video below ↓↓




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flipped Teaching Video

AR/VR Integrated Materials: EDINBURGH